Culturally Diverse Population
Kanoelani students come from a diverse group of cultures. All the cultures are as interesting and as special as our students. We currently have 54 students in our ELL Program. Our ELL population speaks ten different languages. They are: Ilocano, Tagalog, Spanish, Japanese, Samoan, Pampango, Arabic, Marshallese, Hawaiian, and Vietnamese.
WIDA ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Test in 2018 - January 16 - February 27
- All ELL students will be taking the ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 test beginning January 17, 2017.
- This annual assessment measures English language proficiency in Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening.
- Click on the links below to learn more about the test.
- General Information - Gives general information and tells the purpose of the ACCESS Test.
- Test Demo - Videos explain how students will take the online test and how to interact with the test platform.
- Sample Items - Helps you and your child understand the ACCESS assessment. Click on the words "View Sample Items" below the box. A Chrome browser must be used to access and view sample items.
- Test Practice - Allows students to experience taking the online assessment and use the available features that will be available during the actual assessment. Click on the words "View Sample Items" below the box. A Chrome browser must be used to access and view Test Practice Items.