Free and reduced-price meal applications for school year 2016-2017 are available online at EZMEALAPP.COM. You do not have to submit a paper application if an online application is submitted.
Helpful hints for online applications:
1. Student must be enrolled in a DOE school for an application to be processed.
2. Enter the legal names and correct birth dates (this information is used to match students).
3. Non-DOE (i.e. charter, private, or college) students should be listed in the household only.
4. For each adult enter:
a. Gross earnings (before taxes or deductions), and
b. how often the amount entered is received (do not use hourly wages)
5. If applicable, enter the total income of all Child Household Members in STEP 4. If child has no income, leave STEP 4 blank.
6. The electronic signature must be that of an adult in the household.
7. If applying with SNAP or TANF case number:
a. Select SNAP or TANF in STEP 1 under Benefit Type and enter authorized case number and name of recipient.
b. After listing the in students in STEP 2, the application will skip to STEP 5: Electronic Signature. Adult must sign.
c. If error message "The Electronic Signature does not match what has entered..." appears, delete and retype signature making sure that there are no extra blank spaces at the beginning and/or end of first and last names.
8. A confirmation number appears when the application is submitted. Write down this number for future reference.
9. Once the application is processed (up to 10 working days), the school will send home a results letter with your student.