Kanoelani Nut Allergy Policy
NUT FREE ZONE
We are asking again for your support and understanding. We have several youngsters that have a SEVERE allergy to nut products that can be life-threatening. Nut products can make their internal organs swell and block breathing passages. An allergic reaction called anaphylaxis to food generally occurs quickly, usually within a minute or two after consumption.
Our staff is working closely with families to prevent any accidental ingestion. We would appreciate your help with the following:
1. Please discourage food trading and sharing between all students, especially at lunch and snack time.
2. Speak with your child about how everyone is special and unique.
3. DO NOT send nut products to school for lunches, snacks, or birthday goodie bags.
Thank you for speaking with your child about how everyone is special and unique and for your understanding.