"Just keep learning, just keep learning!" Like Dory, constantly in pursuit of finding her family, this new school year we will instill the same type of perseverance, stamina, and drive to grow and learn. We have many celebrations as we open the school year, beginning with finally being completely COOLED with 100% of the rooms across campus air-conditioned. In addition, we have been ACCREDITED by the national WASC Association and we proudly share that we have received the maximum approval of a 6 year approval.
We also welcome our newest addition to the administration team. Please help me welcome to our school Mr. Lance Tanouye who comes from Highlands Intermediate School. He brings with him a passion for learning and knowledge of school operations. Please help us welcome him to our school.
To strengthen communication with our community. We want to offer a new way for you to get connected!
- Find us at Kanoelani Elementary
- Follow us on "kanoelanielementaryschool"
This year we are continuing to deepen our understanding of the Common Core Standards and simultaneously develop the whole child. Our school develops the whole child be offering experiences in PE, Computer, Hawaiiana, STEM, Music, and Art depending on the grade level time. Technology integration remains a huge priority at our school so our fundraising events will again go towards purchasing new computers and maintaining our Promethean Boards for student's use.
A few reminders as we open the year:
1. Come to school daily and ON TIME - tardies hinder the learning process and disrupt the entire class.
2. Don't drop your child off unsupervised before 7:45am- there is absolutely NO supervision across the campus until then.
3. Set up routines that allow for predictability every night. Have a quiet place designated for homework to be done at the same place, same time every day.
Welcome back to another great year!!!