November 6, 2020
Thank you so much for joining us at our annual Pumpkin Carving and first-ever Literary Drive-By Parade! What a much-needed break from the uphill climb of this pandemic. I couldn't stop cracking up watching our custodial staff dance to the tunes as we greeted all of the smiling faces! We all need to remember to stop and take a breath and most importantly, find time to LAUGH!!!
Reopening for Second Semester
As we head towards reopening our school (contingent upon the numbers staying low enough to open in January) we have several next steps for you.
- Read the Parent Letter sent on November 2 via Seesaw and posted on our website
- Read through the FAQs about the second semester
- Join us for our Virtual Coffee Hours on November 12 or 18 at 8:00 am or 4:00 pm (info will repeat so need to only attend one if you are interested).
- Sign up to register for access to the meeting online by click here
- Receive the link to our virtual meeting the day before the scheduled coffee hour
- Come prepared with your questions or add them online in advance
- By November 20, 2020, please be sure to fill out our family decision (one survey per child) indicating whether you plan to send your child to school or keep them at home in a distance learning mode. Click here to view the survey.
We have worked tirelessly to ensure our campus is as safe as it possibly can be. We are fully stocked with PPEs (and extra for kids who need to use), have all of our sanitization procedures in place and health systems to ensure everyone stays healthy. Everything is set except for final decisions on calendar and schedules as this will shift according to the numbers on campus. For example, there is a big difference in appropriate structures if 200 students plan to stay home versus 20 total. Our goal is to confirm the final count in late November and get all information about the second semester to all families in December before Winter Break.
So in short, we need to hear from all of you! Please fill out the survey and share your decisions so that we can ensure our systems are best suited for our community needs! Mahalo for your patience and understanding as we work hard to plan for a return to school.